Thanks to inspiration from JessicaMcD, I’ve decided to go ahead with my first blog meme – 101 Random Facts about Me..
1. I have an obsession with chocolate, especially Lindt.
2. I studied a BCur (Hons.) degree in Nursing at the University of Johannesburg.
3. I’ve always disliked my name – Andrea – and wanted to change it to Caroline when I was a kid.
4. I play the Piano quite well (if I do say so myself), but can only play by sight.
5. I have an annoying habit of ‘cracking’ my knuckles.
6. I can’t eat spicy food. Even pepper is too much for my tastebuds.
7. My cooking skills leave a fair amount to be desired – but I love baking.
8. I hate my toes – it’s very seldom you’ll see me wearing peep-toe shoes.
9. I used to be a dancer – ballet, modern, tap, jazz and eventually hip hop.
10. I feel I may have missed my calling and should have gone into more of a creative industry – writing, music, etc.
11. I have issues with chicken – I very seldom eat it unless I know the person who made it. Way too many food poisoning incidences..
12. I can’t decide whether I’m a cat person or a dog person (I love animals) – but I’m leaning towards cats.
13. I love drinking a glass of milk – but it has to be skimmed milk.
14. I get called a variety of names at work: Andrea, Andy, Ayanda, Klinks, Klinky, Stinky..
15. I require constant physical affection in a relationship. Forcing a loved one to stroke my wrist for hours on end is commonplace.
16. I have a healthy obsession with body art – piercings and tattoos, if done right, can be absolutely beautiful.
17. I’ve never broken a bone.
18. I’m extremely indecisive – to the point that it drives other people crazy.
19. I’m a total voyeur – I adore The Sims and E! Entertainment Channel on levels not considered sane.
20. I went to the same school for primary and high school, and ’til this day, am still friends with people I’ve known since I was 4.
21. I have a red Blackberry – I always wanted a black one but they didn’t have any in stock.
22. My dad is German, my mom is British.
23. I’m a very fast typist and average about 168wpm.
24. My favourite flower is the sunflower.
25. I am a total night owl, and really struggle in the mornings.
26. I’m allergic to Penicillin.
27. Friends naturally confide in me all the time. Apparently I’m a good listener.
28. Music is my passion. No matter what I’m doing, music is playing in the background (or in my head).
29. I tend to be quite stubborn – not something I’m proud of.
30. I have one sibling, a brother who is 2 years older than me.
31. I have a shockingly bad short-term memory.
32. I have the entire Friends boxset and am close to knowing each episode off by heart.
33. After matric, I spent a gap year living in London and Scotland, trying to figure out what to do with my life.
34. I lived in Pretoria for a year while studying Pharmacy but hated every moment of it and quit at my first chance.
35. I lived in ‘Res’ for the first 3 years of studying Nursing and had to leave because the conditions were so bad.
36. I drive a Midnight Blue Ford Fiesta, but it’s time to trade her in methinks.
37. I am a total spelling and grammar Nazi. One of my biggest pet peeves is poor spelling and/or grammar.
38. If I’m eating something, I have to have a drink at the same time. I’ve never understood how people can wait until after their meal to drink.
39. I’m not embarrassed to admit that Lady Gaga is an incredible inspiration to me.
40. I buy Cosmopolitan every single month, and read it from front to back.
41. I’ve always wanted to volunteer at the SPCA but I am so worried I’d get too attached.
42. I hate styling my hair.
43. I’m a sucker for a man with a guitar.
44. I have a high pain threshold. I went for months requiring a root canal without even realizing it.
45. I am a Twilight freak.
46. I love painting my nails, and have quite the collection of different colours.
47. My next investment will be a GHD.
48. I recently went brunette from blonde and have yet to decide which I prefer.
49. I have the most incredible friends – I couldn’t be luckier.
50. I currently live 800m from work with a roommate – a friend I studied nursing with.
51. I have an extremely low alcohol tolerance. One glass of wine, and my knees go completely weak.
52. Sushi is one of my favourite food types. Salmon roses are the best.
53. I feel that my career (in particular, my years of working while studying) has jaded me in many ways.
54. I have my future children’s names picked out already.
55. I love singing, but have a less than desirable voice.
56. I want to write a book – a Hospital Babylon of all my experiences, if you will.
57. I love it when it rains. My favourite weather by far.
58. I feel ‘at home’ in Cape Town.
59. I hate my nose and would get plastic surgery if I could afford it.
60. There is nothing I hate more than being cold. Winter and I do not mesh well.
61. I’m expecting a quarter-life crisis this year as I am turning 25. I always find my birthday depressing.
62. I hate feeling that I might inconvenience someone and therefore tend to put other people’s needs ahead of my own.
63. I am passionate about the rights of women and children.
64. There is no feeling that can quite touch that of delivering someone’s baby.
65. It saddens me to think of the salary I earn when I know how damn hard I work.
66. I’m a total control freak and plan everything in advance – including my life.
67. I tried to ‘run away’ if my parents disciplined me as a kid. I even remember packing a bag, with one change of clothes and 3 Marie Biscuits and sitting at the gate for hours.
68. I’ve always had the feeling that something bigger and better is out there waiting for me.
69. I don’t have a birthmark, but I do have a Chlorine burn mark on my ankle.
70. I used to suffer badly from hyperhidrosis. It has improved a lot after I received treatment called Iontophoresis.
71. I get lonely quite easily.
72. I love my eyes.
73. I cannot handle vomit/vomiting/other people vomiting.
74. I was never very popular in school.
75. I had a Chocolate-point Siamese Cat that lived to 20 years of age. Her name was Suzy.
76. I got my Driver’s licence on my first attempt and had the best score ever for that area.
77. I grew up in Springs on the East Rand as my parents opened a restaurant there.
78. I love teaching, and could easily see myself as a lecturer one day.
79. I was a prefect in Standard 5 and Matric.
80. I was on the debating team and public speaking team in school.
81. In 2001, I took a roadtrip around Europe with my family.
82. I have a brilliant sense of direction.
83. My love language is quality time.
84. I have a very strong (and at times, overpowering) personality.
85. I love drinking coffee, and having it before bed doesn’t affect my ability to sleep.
86. I can’t stand the saying “Same difference”.
87. I don’t really listen to the radio when driving, I prefer CDs or my iPod.
88. I have a severe dislike for showering – to the extent that I would not go on holiday somewhere if there was no bath.
89. I get completely dumbstruck when meeting anyone remotely famous.
90. I totally get why celebs only drink bottled water at room temperature. It’s delicious.
91. I have seen way too many dead people for my liking.
92. I have an autographed Britney Spears CD.
93. I grind my teeth at night and am supposed to wear a gum guard which I hate.
94. I used to have a huge gap in my teeth like Madonna and got teased a lot, especially in school.
95. My wisdom teeth then grew out straight, closing my gap, and not requiring removal.
96. I have one ear that is bigger than the other and sticks out ever so slightly.
97. I love shoes, high heels in particular.
98. I cannot swim alone in a swimming pool – I am scared of sharks. (Yes, I know that it’s not possible for them to be in there.)
99. Related to the above, I cannot swim in open water – a dam, lake, the ocean – for fear of sharks there too.
100. I have attempted fishing – I even bought a pink fishing rod – but I’m not very good at it.
101. I suffer from severe arachnophobia.